Leadership announcement from Neil Blurton
4th January 2021
When I set Finyx up 15 years ago, joined shortly after by David Bull – we were clear on our targets, interesting, substantial and complex projects and challenges, our style would be to deliver effectively whilst always focussing on making our clients successful. All this with minimum corporate inertia. We did this surrounded by people we respect and trust. We promised Insight, Experience and Execution. I can honestly say we started to achieve these objectives from day one and we continue to deliver on our tag-line promise daily.
However, I had no idea I’d be sitting here a decade and a half later, leading a substantial and profitable, successful and respected advisory firm of 70 people. We have many blue chip clients across both the Private and Public sector and we continue to build our client base on a month by month basis.
As David and I look to the future – we have been working with Phil Stewart, the most energetic and creative of the three partners, on a plan for the continuation and ongoing development of the business. Part of this plan means that David and I, will reduce our day to day involvement in the firm and take on different roles. As a result of that I am pleased to announce the following (effective immediately):
- Phil Stewart will formally take over as CEO. Many of you who know Phil will be aware he has been leading large parts of our business for some time already.
- Neil Blurton will assume the role of Chairman and will transition, under Phil’s direction, day to day client activity to the revised management team, over the course of the next 6-12 months.
- David Bull has assumed the role of Interim COO. David will transition COO responsibilities to a new team over the course of the next 3 months – with a view to retirement on 31 March 2021.
Further, in line with the planned changes above, I am pleased to announce that over the past few months, we have established a number of key senior roles and made some recent additions to the management team:
- Client Services Director – Chris Naylor
- Client Services Director – Matt Haynes
- Capabilities Director and Head of Finyx Delivery Centre – John Rollings
We would also like to announce the appointment of the following permanent staff over the last year:
- Managing Consultants – Chris Northrup and Alasdair Frazer
- Senior Consultants – Tom Morgan, Tiffany Roberts, Umeyr Saeed, Jake Scott and Matt Condick
- Analysts – Dom Ryan
And we look forward to welcoming a couple of new senior staff within the next few weeks
- Ian Culley as a managing consultant
- Stephanie Elphick as COO for the firm
I will continue over the next period as Chairman and will still be around to help the team build even greater success and I will always be available to our clients for any support and advice.
Watch this space for more communications from Phil and the team and of course I will be happy to meet with any existing or prospective clients to talk about how Finyx can help you be successful.